Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] hwloc and rpath
From: Jirka Hladky (jhladky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-18 18:09:27

Hi Brice,

On Friday, June 18, 2010 10:19:20 pm Brice Goglin wrote:
> Le 18/06/2010 22:09, Jirka Hladky a écrit :
> > I'm in process to pack hwloc into rpm for Fedora.
> Great, thanks!
hwloc deserves it to have a rpm! :-) It's a very nice tool.

> It says that a recent libtool "no longer sets RPATH for any directories
> in the dynamic linker search path".
> Any idea why the above wouldn't be true in hwloc?
I'm not quite sure. Check this:
A package can build and install such a library along with other programs that
use it. This dependency should be specified using LDADD. The following example
builds a program named hello that is linked with
     lib_LTLIBRARIES =
     libgettext_la_SOURCES = gettext.c ...
     bin_PROGRAMS = hello
     hello_SOURCES = hello.c ...
     hello_LDADD =

find ./ -name -exec grep bin_PROGRAMS {} \+
./utils/ = lstopo hwloc-calc hwloc-bind hwloc-distrib

Based on the manual above I think you should have

lstopo_LDADD =
hwloc-calc_LDADD =
hwloc-bind_LDADD =
hwloc-distrib_LDADD =

in ./utils/
# Only build the utilities if we're building in standalone mode
bin_PROGRAMS = lstopo hwloc-calc hwloc-bind hwloc-distrib
lstopo_LDADD = --->added
hwloc-calc_LDADD = --->added
hwloc-bind_LDADD = --->added
hwloc-distrib_LDADD = --->added