Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Getting a graphics view for anon graphic system...
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-09 15:52:47

Le 09/06/2010 21:41, Jeff Squyres a écrit :
> On Jun 6, 2010, at 4:03 PM, Olivier Cessenat wrote:
>

>> What you write is clear to computer scientists, but I failed to figure
>> out what it meant. Sorry, it is clear now !
>>
> FWIW, there's a section about "output formats" in the hwloc-ls.1 man page. It's probably worth adding a sentence in there that the list in the man page applies to the filenames; i.e., that the filename determines the output format.

By the way, I wonder if we should have explicit --input and --output
options to clarify the lstopo command-line.
For instance
    lstopo --xml file.xml file2.png
would be better written as
    lstopo --input file.xml --output file2.png

So basically, I am saying that --input/-i would be a superset of our
current --xml, --synthetic and --fsroot. And --output/-o would be
implicit when passing an filename argument on the command line. And we
could have --output-format/--of to enforce the output without looking at
the filename extension (and maybe --input-format/--if to enforce
xml/synthetic/fsroot).

Brice