Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Is OSX a supported platform ?
From: Wheeler, Kyle Bruce (kbwheel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-07 12:10:04

On Jun 6, 2010, at 8:01 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Olivier Cessenat, le Sun 06 Jun 2010 15:52:12 +0200, a écrit :
>> Couldn't bind to cpuset 0x00000002
>>>>
>> Is hwloc supported on OSX 10.4 platform ?
>
> Yes. But Apple has always beeing refusing to provide binding functions,
> so hwloc returns ENOSYS for these.

As I'm sure you know, while Apple doesn't provide strict "bind to CPU X" functions, they do at least (on Leopard and later) provide the ability to associate tasks/threads together (or explicitly disassociate them). Would it be a good idea to support these as some sort of make-do? Or would it simply prompt too many complaints along the lines of "hey, I said bind to cpu 0 and my program ran on cpu 3! what gives?!?"

--
Kyle B. Wheeler, PhD
Dept. 1423: Scalable System Software