Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Getting the cache hierarchy
From: Olivier Cessenat (cessenat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-06 13:02:21

Le dimanche 06 juin 2010 à 18:39 +0200, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
> Olivier Cessenat, le Sun 06 Jun 2010 18:14:35 +0200, a écrit :
> > In file included from topology.c:17:
> > /opt/gfortran/irun/bin/../lib/gcc/i386-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.0/include-fixed/sys/stat.h:345: error: expected ',' or ';' before '__wur'
>
> Wow, how odd. Could you send us the file? I really wonder what they
> put there that errors out like this.
==>
Yes, joined. I do not know why this header is used instead of the
standard one... I do not see the connection with gfortran !

> > In file included from /tmp/hwloc-1.0.1/include/hwloc.h:17,
> > from topology.c:21:
> > /tmp/hwloc-1.0.1/include/hwloc/config.h:115:2: error: #error "unknown
> > size for unsigned long."
> > /tmp/hwloc-1.0.1/include/hwloc/config.h:119:2: error: #error "unknown
> > size for unsigned int."
>
> Could you tell us how much HWLOC_SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_LONG is defined to?
> This looks like autoconf wasn't able to properly determine it actually.
==>
What should I do exactly ? I do not see HWLOC_SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_LONG from
configure ouput.
Here is what find gives:
$ find . -name \*.h -exec grep HWLOC_SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_LONG {} /dev/null
\;
./include/hwloc/config.h:#define HWLOC_SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_LONG 4
./include/hwloc/config.h:#define HWLOC_BITS_PER_LONG
(HWLOC_SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_LONG * 8)
./include/private/config.h:#define HWLOC_SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_LONG 4

Oh, by the way, there are some messages provided by configure:
<<
checking locale.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: locale.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: locale.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: locale.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: locale.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: locale.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING: ##
------------------------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/ ##
configure: WARNING: ##
------------------------------------------------------ ##
checking for locale.h... no
checking langinfo.h usability... no
checking langinfo.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: langinfo.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: langinfo.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: langinfo.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: langinfo.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: langinfo.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING: ##
------------------------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/ ##
configure: WARNING: ##
------------------------------------------------------ ##
checking for langinfo.h... no
checking curses.h usability... no
checking curses.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: curses.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: curses.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: curses.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: curses.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: curses.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING: ##
------------------------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/ ##
configure: WARNING: ##
------------------------------------------------------ ##
checking for curses.h... no
... blablabla ...
checking sys/param.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/param.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/param.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/param.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/param.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/param.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING: ##