Subject: [hwloc-users] Is OSX a supported platform ?
From: Olivier Cessenat (cessenat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-06 09:52:12

Hello hwloc users,

I'm brand new to hwloc and I'm very happy to get a tool to get an API
for getting cache hierarchies.
I try the API on MacOSX, compiling hwloc-hello.c as provided at
http://www.open-mpi.org/projects/hwloc/doc/hwloc-v1.0.1-a4.pdf
page 20, and there is:
<<
*** First Example ***
*** Objects at level 0
Index 0: Machine#0
*** Objects at level 1
Index 0: L1#0(0KB)
*** Objects at level 2
Index 0: PU#0
Index 1: PU#1
*** Second Example ***
*** Printing overall tree
Machine#0
  L1#0(0KB)
    PU#0
    PU#1
*** Third Example ***
*** The number of sockets is unknown
*** Fourth Example ***
*** Logical processor 0 has 1 caches totaling 0KB
*** Fifth Example ***
Couldn't bind to cpuset 0x00000002

Is hwloc supported on OSX 10.4 platform ?
I took a look at the archives, but did not find the answer.

Thanks for help.

Sincerely,

Olivier Cessenat.