Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Wrong cache with hwloc 1.0 on windows
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-24 20:07:20

Hello,

Αλέξανδρος Παπαδογιαννάκης, le Tue 25 May 2010 02:58:57 +0300, a écrit :
> As you can see hwloc 1.0 doesn't show my L3 and L2 cache while it
> worked fine with hwloc 0.9.3.

Are you able to rebuild a version yourself with debugging enabled to
check the output? On windows 7, the difference is that the extended
GetLogicalProcessorInformationEx interface is used instead of
GetLogicalProcessorInformation, maybe hwloc has some bugs in the former,
but that may just be Windows itself not reporting things properly.

> Also both versions fail to show my RAM correctly, they both report the
> currently available instead of the 4GB that I have.

Windows does not provide any sane way to report the latter.

Samuel