Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] hwloc on systems with more than 64 cpus?
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-22 05:42:31

On 17/05/2010 17:41, Jirka Hladky wrote:

> I don't have system with 128 CPUs, but according to man page it's
> 0x80000000000000000000000000000000
>
> I have attached the source code as well. See str_to_cpuset function. It
> supports cpuset hex mask of any length.
>
> I understand your point to use hwloc-bind. However, I still believe that
> supporting taskset would be a useful feature and very easy to implement (you
> basically just convert physical CPU # into hex). taskset is currently THE
> user-space program to set CPU affinity. I understand that it's probably too
> late for this release. But perhaps you can consider it for the next release.

Hello Jirka,

I have added --taskset options to hwloc-calc, hwloc-bind and lstopo. It
uses some new hwloc_cpuset_taskset_snprint/asprintf/sscanf() functions.

See the patch at:

https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/hwloc/changeset?new=2120%40trunk&old=2119%40trunk
(applies to trunk, but not to 1.0)

The easiest way for you to test it might be tomorrow's nightly tarball
(http://www.open-mpi.org/software/hwloc/nightly/trunk/).

Brice