Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Creating a D wrapper around hwloc
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-16 16:29:35

Jim Burnes wrote:
> I can make these available to D in several different ways, but I need
> to know the true intent of marking them as "static __inline".
>
> 1. Are they marked that way simply to increase performance?

No.

> 2. Are they marked that way to avoid some sort of thread safety issue?

No.

> If the answer is (1) then I can safely remove their "static __inline"
> markup and compile them into the library.

In the beginning, one reason was to have examples of easy traversal
routines in the headers, so as to improve documentation a bit. It offers
more features, shows developers how to implement them, without
increasing the core library size, and without increasing the ABI size too.

> This is a cool library. Thanks for the extensive work.

Thanks!

Brice