Subject: [hwloc-users] Creating a D wrapper around hwloc
From: Jim Burnes (jvburnes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-16 16:17:58

Hi,

I'm creating a D wrapper around hwloc and so far it's going well, but
I need some advice...

One of the last issues I running into is at link time.

Since a number of functions (especially in helper.h) are define as
"static __inline" they are essentially macros. This is why they don't
appear in the compiled libraries.

I can make these available to D in several different ways, but I need
to know the true intent of marking them as "static __inline".

1. Are they marked that way simply to increase performance?
2. Are they marked that way to avoid some sort of thread safety issue?

If the answer is (1) then I can safely remove their "static __inline"
markup and compile them into the library.

If the answer is closer to (2) and you truly need them inlined into
the source code where they are referenced then I can create a template
mixin in D for them and include them like that.

This is a cool library. Thanks for the extensive work.

J Burnes