Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] hwloc with pthreads on windows
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-12 10:48:31

Αλέξανδρος Παπαδογιαννάκης, le Fri 12 Mar 2010 17:30:36 +0200, a écrit :
> I'm using MinGW and Pthreads-w32. I've made the program to use HANDLE
> instead of pthreads but I'd prefer pthreads, so I'm asking if there is
> a way to make hwloc use pthreads instead of HANDLE

Well, pthreads-w32 is just one of the packages that provide a
posix-compatible thread API. In e.g. StarPU, we are using another one,
and thus there is not standardization of what a pthread_t is and the way
to get a HANDLE from that. Hwloc can thus not do the conversion itself,
as it can't know which pthread package is used by the application.

Samuel