Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] No caches or hiearchy on RHEL 4.7 or 4.8
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-28 13:46:02

Dan Eaton, le Thu 28 Jan 2010 11:36:49 -0700, a écrit :
> Yes, the cpuid version works marvelously. The only thing it misses is memory/NUMA node (is it using libnuma?).

Cpuids do not have any relation with NUMA nodes. Thanks for the sample,
it is a hint that maybe we'll have to permit users & applications
to be quite precise about which backend should detect what (e.g.
here, blacklist linux' core topology information, but use its numa
information, and use the core and cache topology information from the
x86 backend).

Samuel