Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Istopo question
From: Norman Lo (normanlo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-28 13:39:47

Samuel Thibault wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Norman Lo, le Thu 28 Jan 2010 12:56:56 -0500, a écrit :
>

>>Towards the beginning:
>>Towards the end:
>>

>Do you mean different svn revisions?

Sorry for the confusion but lstopo gives a long output. I meant the
output near the top, and the ouptut near the bottom of the same revision

>> Socket#0 cpuset 0x000000ff
>> L3Cache(8192KB) cpuset 0x000000ff
>> L2Cache(256KB) cpuset 0x00000011
>> L1Cache(32KB) cpuset 0x00000011
>> Core#0 cpuset 0x00000011
>> P#0 cpuset 0x00000001
>> P#4 cpuset 0x00000010
>>

>This is most probably an output with physical numbers.
>

>> L2#0(256KB) + L1#0(32KB) + Core#0
>> P#0
>> P#1
>>

>And this seems to be an output with logical numbers.
>

>>It seems to me that they are reporting different things.
>>

>Note that the output of lstopo changed recently: to be coherent with
>object specification which is logical number-based, lstopo now outputs
>logical numbers by default. To get physical numbers, use the -p option.
>
>We precisely have a thread on hwloc-devel about whether we should use
>something different than '#' to clearly distinguish them.

I am actually using hwloc library topology tree. Is there a way to
display the logical number instead of the physical number from the obj ?

Thank you very much,

Norman