Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] No caches or hiearchy on RHEL 4.7 or 4.8
From: Dan Eaton (daniel.eaton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-28 13:34:46

Brice,

I just tried that but the output is the same. As Samuel pointed out, it looks like /proc/cpuinfo is totally bogus for this kernel. Comparing it with what it "should" be emitting (according to http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-7715), it doesn't report more than one under "cpu cores", and core id is always 255!

Kind regards,
Dan