Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Istopo question
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-28 13:06:51

Hello,

Norman Lo, le Thu 28 Jan 2010 12:56:56 -0500, a écrit :
> Towards the beginning:
> Towards the end:

Do you mean different svn revisions?

> Socket#0 cpuset 0x000000ff
> L3Cache(8192KB) cpuset 0x000000ff
> L2Cache(256KB) cpuset 0x00000011
> L1Cache(32KB) cpuset 0x00000011
> Core#0 cpuset 0x00000011
> P#0 cpuset 0x00000001
> P#4 cpuset 0x00000010

This is most probably an output with physical numbers.

> L2#0(256KB) + L1#0(32KB) + Core#0
> P#0
> P#1

And this seems to be an output with logical numbers.

> It seems to me that they are reporting different things.

Note that the output of lstopo changed recently: to be coherent with
object specification which is logical number-based, lstopo now outputs
logical numbers by default. To get physical numbers, use the -p option.

We precisely have a thread on hwloc-devel about whether we should use
something different than '#' to clearly distinguish them.

Samuel