Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] No caches or hiearchy on RHEL 4.7 or 4.8
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-28 12:55:10

Dan Eaton, le Thu 28 Jan 2010 10:32:46 -0700, a écrit :
> I just meant without resorting to CPUID, because it is so unportable
> (to consider implementing directly into our library).

Ok. Unfortunately, when the information reported by the OS is bogus (as
it seems to be the case here), there is no other way than just asking
the hardware directly, or fixing the lstopo xml output and using it.

> I've attached the output of x86info.

Ah, that's an old x86info, could you try building a newer one? (Like
Debian's 1.25 available on
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/x86info/x86info_1.25.orig.tar.gz
)

> Is it possible to get at your CPUID backend now?

The quick & dirty way is the attached patch, to be applied on top of
the svn trunk, which forces x86 cpuid detection on Linux. Please pass
--enable-debug to ./configure so we get precise debugging output from
lstopo.

Samuel

  • text/plain attachment: patch