Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] No caches or hiearchy on RHEL 4.7 or 4.8
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-28 12:24:13

Dan Eaton, le Thu 28 Jan 2010 09:30:06 -0700, a écrit :
> I've inlined /proc/cpuinfo at the end of this message.

Mmm, the different processors are really claimed to have different physical IDs.

Could you run x86info to easily get the APIC ID?

> Yes, the cache path you indicated doesn't exist!

Ok.

> Is there any reliable alternate way to retrieve cache information
> (without CPUID) for those older kernels

Mmm, what do you mean by "without CPUID"?

I have implemented a cpuid-based backend for the systems that do not
provide a topology interface. I guess I may start leaning toward the
idea of being able to choose between plugins at runtime, since here it
could be useful.

Samuel