Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] No caches or hiearchy on RHEL 4.7 or 4.8
From: Dan Eaton (daniel.eaton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-28 11:30:06

Hello Samuel,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I've inlined /proc/cpuinfo at the end of this message.

Yes, the cache path you indicated doesn't exist! Is there any reliable alternate way to retrieve cache information (without CPUID) for those older kernels (/proc/cpuinfo only appears to report L3 cache)?

Kind regards,

Dan

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 26
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5550 @ 2.67GHz
stepping : 5
cpu MHz : 1596.000
cache size : 8192 KB
physical id : 16
siblings : 1
core id : 255
cpu cores : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 11
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx rdtscp lm pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cx16 xtpr popcnt lahf_lm
bogomips : 5324.34
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 26
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5550 @ 2.67GHz
stepping : 5
cpu MHz : 1596.000
cache size : 8192 KB
physical id : 18
siblings : 1
core id : 255
cpu cores : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 11
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx rdtscp lm pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cx16 xtpr popcnt lahf_lm
bogomips : 5319.97
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor : 2
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 26
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5550 @ 2.67GHz
stepping : 5
cpu MHz : 1596.000
cache size : 8192 KB
physical id : 20
siblings : 1
core id : 255
cpu cores : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 11
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx rdtscp lm pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cx16 xtpr popcnt lahf_lm
bogomips : 5319.95
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor : 3
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 26
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5550 @ 2.67GHz
stepping : 5
cpu MHz : 1596.000
cache size : 8192 KB
physical id : 22
siblings : 1
core id : 255
cpu cores : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 11
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx rdtscp lm pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cx16 xtpr popcnt lahf_lm
bogomips : 5319.96
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor : 4
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 26
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5550 @ 2.67GHz
stepping : 5
cpu MHz : 1596.000
cache size : 8192 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 1
core id : 255
cpu cores : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 11
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx rdtscp lm pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cx16 xtpr popcnt lahf_lm
bogomips : 5320.00
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor : 5
[...]

processor : 6
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 26
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5550 @ 2.67GHz
stepping : 5
cpu MHz : 1596.000
cache size : 8192 KB
physical id : 4
siblings : 1
core id : 255
cpu cores : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 11
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx rdtscp lm pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cx16 xtpr popcnt lahf_lm
bogomips : 5319.99
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor : 7
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 26
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5550 @ 2.67GHz
stepping : 5
cpu MHz : 1596.000
cache size : 8192 KB
physical id : 6
siblings : 1
core id : 255
cpu cores : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 11
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx rdtscp lm pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cx16 xtpr popcnt lahf_lm
bogomips : 5320.23
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: