Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] No caches or hiearchy on RHEL 4.7 or 4.8
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-28 11:20:45

Dan Eaton, le Thu 28 Jan 2010 08:44:38 -0700, a écrit :
> Is this expected behaviour on those Linux versions? I would be surprised if
> this was the case, because it's possible to fully reconstruct the hiarachy from
> /proc/cpuinfo alone on them (caches aside).

Could you send us that /proc/cpuinfo so we too can have a look? :)

About caches, do you have /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cache
directories? IIRC RHEL has old kernels, so I wouldn't be surprised that
the information isn't available.

You can as well just use the tests/linux/gather-topology.sh script to
automatically fetch all the useful files from /proc and /sys

Samuel