I was rather thinking of allowing multiple instances of that option, one line for each. It'd be easier to insert in the current code.

Any better name than --annotate-legend ? --custom-legend ? --append-legend ? --jirka ?

Brice

Le 30/08/2013 21:33, Jiri Hladky a écrit :
Hi Brice,

I like  --annotate-legend option very much. It's a flexible way how to add the custom strings.

Is it going to support multi line comments as well (by having \n in the string)?

Merci beaucoup !
Jirka

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 6:58 AM, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin@inria.fr> wrote:
Le 30/08/2013 01:19, Christopher Samuel a écrit :
> On 28/08/13 02:19, Brice Goglin wrote:
>
> > The problem I have while playing with this is that it takes a lot
> > of space. Putting the entire uname on a single line will be
> > truncated when the topology drawing isn't large (on machines with 2
> > cores for instance). And using multiple lines would make the legend
> > huge.
>
> Would there be any benefit of inserting it into the EXIF information
> for the image (every time) instead?

I looked at this but I couldn't find any generic way to do this with
Cairo unfortunately.

Brice