Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc with Xen system support - v2
From: Andrew Cooper (andrew.cooper3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-13 09:36:49

On 13/02/14 12:08, Brice Goglin wrote:
> Le 13/02/2014 12:03, Andrew Cooper a écrit :
>>> Do you want to merge something in hwloc soon?
>> Would you mind merging your two patches that I am carrying?
>>
>> "plugins: export hwloc_alloc_root_sets()"
>> "plugins: cleanup hwloc_setup_pu_level() and export it to plugins"
>>
>> Neither of them are explicitly Xen specific, and from a lazy point of
>> view it would be nicer to have a sorter branch to look after. (I am
>> fairly sure I have rebased them properly going forwards over the other
>> changes recently)
> Sure. I just pushed them to x86-common as well (and rebased the branch
> on top of latest master). x86-common is basically a "for-xen" branch now.
>
>> Until the library and hypervisor support is present in Xen-unstable,
>> releasing anything in hwloc seems premature. Getting anything properly
>> sorted for v1.9 seems unlikely, but v1.10 seems reasonable. I will of
>> course keep my xen and hwlock trees with working code in, so people can
>> play if they wish.
>>
> Ok thanks. Keep us informed when things evolve on the Xen side.
>
> Brice

I found some copious free time while other things were compiling.

v5, fully rebased, and now down to only 3 patches on top of x86-common

http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/andrewcoop/hwloc.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/hwloc-xen-topology-v5

In other news, there has been some traction on Xen-devel about getting
IO NUMA affinity sorted out between Xen and dom0. If/when patches
develop, I shall see about trying to include that information in the xen
topology. (Currently the PCI devices and topology are available, but
have no affinity information).

~Andrew