Subject: [hwloc-devel] xml file load incompatibilities
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-20 17:32:54

Hi folks

I've run across a rather strange behavior. We have two branches in OMPI - the devel trunk (using hwloc v1.7.2) and our feature release series (using hwloc 1.5.2). I have found the following:

*the feature series can correctly load an xml file generated by lstopo of versions 1.5 or greater

* the devel series can correctly load an xml file generated by lstopo of versions 1.7 or greater, but not files generated by prior versions. In the latter case, I segfault as soon as I try to use the loaded topology.

Any ideas why the discrepancy? Can I at least detect the version used to create a file when loading it so I can error out instead of segfaulting?

Ralph