Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] lstopo --top
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-21 12:22:07

Le 21/06/2013 17:59, Jiri Hladky a écrit :
> Hi Brice,
>
> this would be useful feature for me and I believe also for others!
> Currently

The attached patch puts Misc object in Orange. See how I modified
lstopo.c, you'll see what you have to do. I can easily add the same
check to other types.

> hwloc_topology_insert_misc_object_by_cpuset
>
> is quite dump. BTW, would it be possible to display the Misc objects
> in the order they were added? Inspecting XML file
> => hwloc_topology_insert_misc_object_by_cpuset will sort the objects

They are sorted by name from I see in the code, I don't remember why.
Quick guess would be that we need a deterministic order, and sorting by
name is one choice.
Anyway you should change your Misc object names by adding 0 characters
as prefix, it should work.

> =>hwloc_topology_insert_misc_object_by_parent does NOT sort the object
> but XML is not parsable by lstopo

I need to dig into that.

Brice