Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] lstopo --top
From: Jiri Hladky (hladky.jiri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-20 16:07:04

Hi Samuel,

lstopo has obviously some logic how to sort the data inserted
by hwloc_topology_insert_misc_object_by_cpuset. Could be data displayed in
the same order as inserted?

While parsing
245 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 3 0 0
246 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 1 1

I'm trying to display the data in lstopo in format
time: PID

However, data are inserted in the different order. See attached png.

I have called hwloc_topology_insert_misc_object_by_cpuset in this
chronological order:
1: 245
1: 246
2: 245
2: 246
3: 245
3: 246
4: 245
4: 246
5: 245
5: 246
6: 245
6: 246
7: 245
7: 246
8: 245
8: 246
9: 245
9: 246
10: 245
10: 246

Thanks
Jirka

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM, Jiri Hladky <hladky.jiri_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault_at_[hidden]
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Jiri Hladky, le Tue 18 Jun 2013 17:18:15 +0200, a écrit :
>> > I would like to check the possibilities to visualize the results to the
>> output
>> > similar to lstopo --top (see the attachment). I would like to write a
>> simple
>> > utility which will
>> > * parse the above file
>> > * foreach timestep create an output similar to lstopo --top output
>> showing,
>> > where each job was running
>>
>> It should be easy to do: create a program which
>>
>> - detects the topology as usual
>> - for each of these lines:
>> PID #CPU #CPU #CPU #CPU
>> PID #CPU #CPU #CPU
>> call hwloc_topology_insert_misc_object_by_cpuset(topology, cpuset, PID)
>> - export the topology as xml file.
>>
>> and then for each job output, run it and run lstopo on the generated xml
>> file.
>>
>> Samuel
>>

> Hi Samuel,
>
> thanks for the advice, I got it working! :-) It's a little bit overhead
> with a XML file but the C program is really short and easy.
>
> Now comes a hard question - can the background color of the created box in
> lstopo output be easily changed? The idea is to have time axes color coded.
> So for the format
>
> PID #CPU #CPU #CPU #CPU
> PID #CPU #CPU #CPU
>
> For time=1 use color red
> For time=2 use color blue
>
> and so on. The idea is to display the file above in one PNG picture so
> that you can easily see if more jobs were running on the same CPU
> simultaneously.
>
> Thanks
> Jirka

a.png