Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] [hwloc-users] hwloc on Xeon Phi
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-18 11:44:35

Brice Goglin, le Tue 18 Jun 2013 10:54:33 +0200, a écrit :
> You likely need to compile and install another hwloc instance for your MIC.

Yes. The host build is to be compiled as usual. For the device build,
you need to restart the build using:

./configure --host=x86_64-k1om-linux

and install in another directory, and put the lib/ part in
SINK_LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so that the MIC loader can find it automatically.

For building your application, you need to point pkg-config at the
lib/pkgconfig/ path of the MIC-built version of hwloc, through
PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

> It looks like /opt/intel/mic/filesystem/base/ on the host contains the MIC
> filesystem, so you could theorically install there. But I guess you don't want
> to modify this special filesystem

This is not needed, the MIC loader finds the library from
SINK_LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Samuel