Subject: [hwloc-devel] lstopo --top
From: Jiri Hladky (hladky.jiri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-18 11:17:16

Hi Brice,

we test linux kernel job scheduler. To do so, we run for example

1
2
16
32 linpack benchmarks simultaneously.
(upto the number of cores)

For each group of jobs we have this output:

=======2 simultaneous jobs========
PID #CPU #CPU #CPU #CPU
PID #CPU #CPU #CPU
==============================

where first column is PID of linpack benchmark and other columns is CPU on
which the process was running with granularity of 1 second

I would like to check the possibilities to visualize the results to the
output similar to lstopo --top (see the attachment). I would like to write
a simple utility which will
 * parse the above file
 * foreach timestep create an output similar to lstopo --top output
showing, where each job was running

How difficult would be this? Could you please provide some hints what API
functionality to use?

Thanks!
Jirka

a.png