Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] geting hwloc working under Xen Hypervisor as a Linux Driver
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-13 14:12:05

Hello,
"hwloc working [...] as a linux driver": do you mean that you want hwloc
inside the Linux kernel? If you just want hwloc features inside the
Linux kernel, you may not strictly need hwloc since hwloc basically just
reports what the Linux kernel puts in /sys and /proc. Reading the Linux
code that implements these virtual files will give you the locality
information you need. If you tell me which locality information you
want, I may be able to tell you.
If having things organized as a tree is strictly important, Linux won't
be able to directly help you, you may need some actual hwloc code, but
porting that into the Linux kernel will require a lot of work.
If that's not what you want, we need more details about what you're
trying to do.
Brice