Subject: [hwloc-devel] doing v1.7.1rc1 soon
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-13 10:29:02

Hello,
I will likely release a first release candidate for hwloc 1.7.1 within
one day or two. We have several non-negligible fixes as listed in the
NEWS below. Some backports from Pavan are not listed since I am not a
fan of intrusive configure changes in a stable release.
If anybody needs anything else in v1.7.1, please let me know.
Brice

Version 1.7.1
-------------
* Fix an failed assertion in the distance grouping code when loading
  a XML that already contains some groups. Thanks to Laercio Lima Pilla
  for reporting the problem.
* Remove spurious Group objects when loading XML topologies with I/O
  objects and NUMA distances. Thanks to Elena Elkina for reporting the
  problem and testing patches.
* Fix embedding breakage caused by libltdl and document why enabling
  plugins when embedding hwloc in another project may be dangerous. See
  details in documentation section Embedding hwloc in Other Software.
  Thanks to Pavan Balaji for reporting the problem.
* Fix GL component build with old NVCtrl releases.
  Thanks to Jirka Hladky for reporting the problem.
* Add a FAQ entry "How to get useful topology information on NetBSD?"
  in the documentation.
* Somes fixes in the renaming code for embedding.
* Miscellaneous minor build fixes.