Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc embedding vs libltdl
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-07 20:19:43

On May 7, 2013, at 6:25 PM, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I don't have anything against this. What was the reason for not using
> the default/system libltdl in OMPI? libtool was buggy when you started
> using it?

I neglected to answer this.

Yes, plus libltdl grew new functionality that we needed (global/local symbol visibility).

We might be getting to the point soon where we can rely on the installed libltdl to be new enough everywhere, but we haven't had that conversation.

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: