Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc and c89/c99
From: Pavan Balaji (balaji_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-06 07:24:53

On 05/06/2013 01:25 AM US Central Time, Brice Goglin wrote:
> I think we removed C99 use (and configure check) from the code in 1.2
> because some compilers didn't properly support it.

I looked at the code once more. It seems to assume fixed width integers
all over the place. These are all stdint.h types which is c99. It
looks like c89 support is not consistent in the code.

Can you check inside HWLOC_SETUP_CORE whether you have the necessary
level of c99 support and fail if you don't?

 -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji