Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc-1.7 issues
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-29 01:12:53

Le 29/04/2013 05:53, Pavan Balaji a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> We are seeing two errors with hwloc-1.7:
>
> 1. The hwloc embedded in mpich was failing to build on FreeBSD with a
> strict build. I was able to reproduce the failure with hwloc-1.7 by
> setting CFLAGS=-D_POSIX_SOURCE (the error shows up even with later
> versions of POSIX enabled).
>
> topology.c: In function 'hwloc_fallback_nbprocessors':
> topology.c:146: error: conflicting types for 'n'
> topology.c:131: error: previous declaration of 'n' was here

Hello,

I fixed the above one but I am getting many other warnings and another
error on FreeBSD 9.1:

/usr/include/sys/sysctl.h:799: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'u_int'
topology-freebsd.c: In function 'hwloc_freebsd_node_meminfo_info':
topology-freebsd.c:173: warning: passing argument 2 of 'sysctl' makes pointer from integer without a cast
topology-freebsd.c:173: warning: passing argument 5 of 'sysctl' makes integer from pointer without a cast
topology-freebsd.c:173: error: too many arguments to function 'sysctl'

I wonder if this CFLAGS=-D_POSIX_SOURCE is supported by FreeBSD headers.

> 2. The second error shows up with hwloc in embedded mode. In hydra, we
> setup hwloc in embedded mode using HWLOC_SETUP_CORE. autoreconf on this
> fails as:
>
> tools/topo/hwloc/hwloc/src/Makefile.am:211: error: HWLOC_LTDL_INCLUDED
> does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
> autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
>
> The problem seems to be that this conditional is defined in hwloc's
> configure.ac directly instead of in the SETUP_CORE macro.

Right, the plugin configury is currently outside of the SETUP macros. I
was waiting for Jeff's feedback about all this but it never came :)

I'll look at this later today.

Brice