Subject: [hwloc-devel] hwloc-1.7 issues
From: Pavan Balaji (balaji_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-28 23:53:30

Hi all,

We are seeing two errors with hwloc-1.7:

1. The hwloc embedded in mpich was failing to build on FreeBSD with a
strict build. I was able to reproduce the failure with hwloc-1.7 by
setting CFLAGS=-D_POSIX_SOURCE (the error shows up even with later
versions of POSIX enabled).

topology.c: In function 'hwloc_fallback_nbprocessors':
topology.c:146: error: conflicting types for 'n'
topology.c:131: error: previous declaration of 'n' was here

2. The second error shows up with hwloc in embedded mode. In hydra, we
setup hwloc in embedded mode using HWLOC_SETUP_CORE. autoreconf on this
fails as:

tools/topo/hwloc/hwloc/src/Makefile.am:211: error: HWLOC_LTDL_INCLUDED
does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

The problem seems to be that this conditional is defined in hwloc's
configure.ac directly instead of in the SETUP_CORE macro.

 -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji