Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] RPATH issues when building in Fedora 18
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-24 01:21:50

Le 24/04/2013 00:35, Paul Hargrove a écrit :
> I took a look at libtool.m4 and find that
> the sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec value is HARDCODED as part of big
> "case $host_os in". That is why the autoreconf resolves the problem -
> the distro maintainers have customized libtool.m4 appropriately.
>
> Other than instructing folks to autoreconf, I don't see a "clean" fix
> for this issue.

Ok, thanks. So our configure indeed generates libtool script that
depends on where the tarball was generated. That's a bit disturbing.

That said, we build tarballs with vanilla autotools, not with Debian
specific ones. That seems to generate a libtool script that properly
handles Debian (even if I don't see anything explicit about
/usr/lib/$arch in libtool.m4) but does not on Fedora. So there may be
something else hidden that makes things work on Debian.

Hopefully everybody will switch to /usr/lib/$arch instead of /usr/lib64
one day :)

Brice