Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] RPATH issues when building in Fedora 18
From: Paul Hargrove (phhargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-23 18:35:51

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Jeff, can you fix the trunk nightly script to use libtool 2.4.2 instead
> of 2.4 ? Thanks.
>
> Paul, the v1.7 branch nightly and the official v1.7 release tarball use
> 2.4.2 and I think we have the same problem there too. Rerunning autoreconf
> with centos63 or fedora17 libtool 2.2.6 seems to fix the problem. What I
> don't understand is where configure gets this list of directory from.
> Sleeping may help.
>
> Brice

Brice,

Yup, I can confirm that building from the official 1.7 tarball:
1) libtool 2.4.2 *is* used
2) The /lib64 and /usr/lib64 components are *still* missing
from sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec

So, as you say the update to 2.4.2 does NOT fix the problem originally
reported.

I took a look at libtool.m4 and find that the sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec
value is HARDCODED as part of big "case $host_os in". That is why the
autoreconf resolves the problem - the distro maintainers have customized
libtool.m4 appropriately.

Other than instructing folks to autoreconf, I don't see a "clean" fix for
this issue.

-Paul

Future Technologies Group