Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] RPATH issues when building in Fedora 18
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-23 16:43:11

Le 23/04/2013 22:26, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
>> If /usr/lib64 is the default path for 64bits libs on Fedora, shouldn't somebody
>> take care of removing the corresponding rpath too?
> libtool should be already doing that.

It doesn't on my Debian. The libtool script says:

# Compile-time system search path for libraries.
sys_lib_search_path_spec="/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.7 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu /lib "

while on CentOS 6.3 it says:

sys_lib_search_path_spec="/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.6 /usr/lib64 /lib64 "

Not sure that this is the line that matters here, but it shows that
distros didn't patch libtool the same :/

>> This is likely related (but the reversed case) to the comment about Fedora in
>> http://wiki.debian.org/RpathIssue. One link on that page says that rerunning
>> libtoolize before configure may help. Can you try that? (maybe compare the new
>> libtool script with the one from the hwloc tarball to check that some lib64
>> things appeared?)
>>

>> â–¡ If the application uses a local copy of libtool, add the following
>> lines to the spec after %configure:=> it will make tests FAIL (without
>> this change, it runs just fine - all tests are PASSED)
>>
>> FAIL: test-hwloc-annotate.sh
>> FAIL: test-hwloc-assembler.sh
>> PASS: test-hwloc-calc.sh
>> PASS: test-hwloc-distances.sh
>> PASS: test-hwloc-distrib.sh
>> FAIL: test-hwloc-info.sh
>>

>> I am not sure why some fail while the other succeed. You may need to set
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to fix this?
> The libtool script is supposed to automatically add it.

He followed the Fedora wiki advice about patching the libtool script (to
disable rpath and remove LD_RUN_PATH).

Brice