On Feb 6, 2013, at 7:02 AM, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Just pushed Samuel's patch + the configury + one fix for object names.
> The code currently uses libpciaccess by default. pciutils is only used
> when libpciaccess isn't available.
I think that this will still result in many GPL-enabled hwlocs by default because libpci is installed on many distros by default, but libpciaccess is not.
- Check for libpciaccess. If found, use it. STOP.
- If not found:
- check for libpci.
- if found, and if --enable-gpl-taint was specified, use it. STOP.
- if not found, display the usual "no pci support" message at the end. STOP.
- if found:
- display the usual "no pci support" message at the end
- but also display a big, bold, flashing message saying "We can enable PCI support in one of two ways: 1) download/install libpciaccess (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libpciaccess/), or 2) pass --enable-gpl-taint to allow hwloc to use libpci, BUT BE AWARE THAT THIS MAKES THIS HWLOC BINARY AND EVERYTHING THAT IT LINKS TO BE GPL!"
For corporate legal information go to: http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/