Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] libpci: GPL
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-06 10:02:07

Le 06/02/2013 15:11, Brice Goglin a écrit :
> Le 06/02/2013 15:06, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) a écrit :
>> On Feb 5, 2013, at 10:11 PM, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> It's a Xorg dependency, so it's available on many platforms and
>>> prepackaged in many distributions, including darwin if I remember correctly.
>> I'm thinking that we should actually release a new version for all hwloc versions that defaulted to use libpci -- that's 1.3.x and beyond. :-\
>>
>> I'll need to update the version that's bundled all versions of OMPI (1.6.x., 1.7.x, trunk), for example.
>>
>> I'll volunteer to do the configury stuff. I see Brice just made a svn branch; do you want me to commit the updates there? Or did you want to just do it all?
> I am already doing it. Will push things within an hour.
>
>> Are we removing the possibility of using libpci?
> Not yet. Samuel's nvidia card isn't properly recognized, and I haven't
> tested on many machines yet.

Just pushed Samuel's patch + the configury + one fix for object names.
The code currently uses libpciaccess by default. pciutils is only used
when libpciaccess isn't available. I am not sure yet if we should add a
--disable-gpl or --enable-gpl, or just remove libpci entirely.

lstopo --whole-io exports the exact same XML on the all our local
machines (from Clovertown to E5, one AMD Bulldozer, with IB, 10G and
AMD/NVIDIA GPUs, from Dell, IBM and Supermicro, and one Qemu VM). In
short, it looks pretty good, but I'd like to understand Samuel's problem.

Brice