Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] libpci: GPL
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-06 09:06:23

On Feb 5, 2013, at 10:11 PM, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> It's a Xorg dependency, so it's available on many platforms and
> prepackaged in many distributions, including darwin if I remember correctly.

I'm thinking that we should actually release a new version for all hwloc versions that defaulted to use libpci -- that's 1.3.x and beyond. :-\

I'll need to update the version that's bundled all versions of OMPI (1.6.x., 1.7.x, trunk), for example.

I'll volunteer to do the configury stuff. I see Brice just made a svn branch; do you want me to commit the updates there? Or did you want to just do it all?

Are we removing the possibility of using libpci?