Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] v1.7
From: Paul Hargrove (phhargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-07 14:14:13

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2013, at 1:42 PM, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> > My first code did that (with "all" instead of "*" because come shells
> > don't like * :)
>
> Oh, right -- duh! :-)
>
> > But my testing told me that there were many more cases where we want
> > everything ("all") than nothing else ("stop"), so changed to "nothing
> else".
> > But users are not going to play with the list of components very often
> > anyway, so I think that'd be ok too.
>

> Fair enough.
>
> So if you don't know the list of available components, is it not possible
> to specify *only* foo and bar should be used?

<humor>
That's where one should use "!", to indicate that we are being emphatic:
   COMPONENTS=!foo,bar
No chance of confusion there, right?
</humor>

Seriously, I think "COMPONENTS=foo,bar,stop" was the syntax mentioned
earlier in this thread.

-Paul

Future Technologies Group