Subject: [hwloc-devel] Cgroup resource limits
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-02 17:12:03

Hi folks

We (Greenplum) have a need to support resource limits (e.g., memory and cpu usage) on processes running under Open MPI's RTE. OMPI uses hwloc for processor and memory affinity, so this seems a likely place to add the required support. Jeff tells me that it doesn't yet exist in hwloc - I'm wondering if you would welcome and/or be willing to consider contributions from our engineers towards adding this capability?

Obviously, we'd need to discuss how and where to do the extension. Just wanted to first see if this is an option, or if we should do it directly in OMPI.
Ralph