Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Why doesn't my disk controller show up?
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-09 15:03:25

Le 09/10/2012 20:47, Guy Streeter a écrit :
> I'm trying to understand why for one of my systems the disk controller is not
> shown as an OS device. The PCI device is seen, but there is no OS device under
> it. It's a SATA controller emulated as SCSI, It think.
> gather-topology output is attached. Using hwloc 1.5 on Fedora 17.

hwloc-gather-topology does not gather I/O devices unfortunately (we
could gather OS devices, but we can't for PCI devices).

What do you have under /sys/bus/pci/devices/<yourpcibusid> ?
Do you see anything like hostX in there? What does in contain? Can you
walk in there until you find a "block" child?

I haven't tested on recent kernels lately, maybe something changed in
the sysfs hierarchy, I am booting a 3.5 to check things.

Brice