Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] merging plugins?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-25 10:07:11

On Sep 25, 2012, at 10:17 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:

>> Why a ^?
>
> This was for Jeff :)
> When you specify which components to use in OMPI, you pass a
> comma-separated list, and ^ is a negation.

FWIW, we didn't use "!" for negation, because then you'd have to escape or quote it on the command line. ^ does't need escaping or quoting.

Note that you only need an include or exclude list -- you never need both. So if ^ is the first non-whitespace character, then it's a negative list. If not, it's a positive list.