Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] merging plugins?
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-24 19:42:09

Hello,

Brice Goglin, le Mon 24 Sep 2012 22:04:14 +0200, a écrit :
> 1) A rework of the backend infrastructure to make the core much more
> readable (basically all changes in *.[ch] files).

That looks nicer indeed.

> 2) Plugin support

One thing that doesn't seem implemented yet is to choose another OS core
plugin, e.g. to use x86 detection on Linux instead of /proc or /sys
detection. This will be the same kind of thing with likwid / servet
-based OS core plugins. I have gotten the x86 detection code to get
enabled with the attached code, which should be reproducable with other
OSes which support CPU binding. How does it look like?

Samuel

  • text/plain attachment: patch