Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] [hwloc-svn] svn:hwloc r4815 - branches/components/src
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-06 04:00:57

Le 05/09/2012 18:05, Brice Goglin a écrit :

>>> So I would need to remove -no-undefined from plugins ldflags and darwin
>>> (and you?) may be happy again? But iirc, removing this flag broke
>>> something else, I'll check again.
>> Ah, yes; I confess that I have not looked closely on the components branch. :-(
>>
>> But yes; you should not have --no-undefined when building the plugins. It's fine for building libhwloc, I think.
> The reason for adding -no-undefined is "libtool: link: undefined symbols
> not allowed in i686-w64-ming32 shared libraries".
>
> There's an easy answer to this, disable plugins on Windows. Can you ask
> Shiqing about what he thinks/does for OMPI?

I just installed openmpi 1.6.1 win32.exe. I don't see any plugin in
there. There are several libmpi*.dll or libo*.dll, but no mca_btl_* or so

I don't see anything related to specialized networks (no openib or so),
so I guess there's no real need for plugins in OMPI/Windows.

As long as we don't have libxml or libpci on Windows, hwloc plugins are
useless on Windows. But that might change with other plugins.

Brice