Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] mpich2 maintained patches for hwloc
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-24 07:39:26

Le 23/07/2012 18:40, Pavan Balaji a écrit :

>>> 3. The changes to config/hwloc.m4 and include/private/private.h are
>>> essentially a warning squash when getpagesize() requires an explicit
>>> prototype declaration. But it's not clear how easy it is for you to
>>> absorb it as it uses an MPICH2 internal m4 macro. Maybe there's a
>>> cleaner way to integrate this patch.
>>
>> I will look at this. On which platform/system did you need this patch?
>
> On regular x86_64 machines. We use strict builds in mpich2. I can
> figure out the exact flags that trigger it, but my guess is that -Wall
> would.

Looking deeper into this, it looks like the right solution is to use
sysconf(_SC_PAGESIZE) instead of getpagesize(). getpagesize() looks
deprecated, that's why it's getting disabled when modern features are
enabled. I'll send a patch to use sysconf when supported and fallback to
the old getpagesize() otherwise.

Brice