Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] mpich2 maintained patches for hwloc
From: Pavan Balaji (balaji_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-23 12:40:10

On 07/23/2012 11:36 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:
>> 2. The change to autogen.sh is required for pgcc and friends. You
>> can't take this patch as is, obviously, but you'll need some version
>> of this. Cc'ing Dave, in case you need more details of this issue.
>
> I haven't tried pgcc recently. Which pgcc version needs this? and what
> happens if you don't apply this patch?

Here's Dave's response (he's not subscribed to hwloc-devel) --

This one is being upstreamed to automake and should be included in its
next release. I don't think you need to incorporate this into hwloc:

>> 3. The changes to config/hwloc.m4 and include/private/private.h are
>> essentially a warning squash when getpagesize() requires an explicit
>> prototype declaration. But it's not clear how easy it is for you to
>> absorb it as it uses an MPICH2 internal m4 macro. Maybe there's a
>> cleaner way to integrate this patch.
>
> I will look at this. On which platform/system did you need this patch?

On regular x86_64 machines. We use strict builds in mpich2. I can
figure out the exact flags that trigger it, but my guess is that -Wall
would.

>> 4. The change to configure.ac is an issue with automake-1.12 that Dave
>> noticed.
>
> These lines have been added in v1.5 already.

Thanks.

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji