Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] [hwloc-svn] svn:hwloc r4554 - trunk/utils
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-29 16:10:08

> +.SH HINT
> +To check what the result actually is, use
> +
> + hwloc-bind blabla -- lstopo --pid 0
> +
> +lstopo will graphically show where it is bound to by hwloc-bind.

My lstopo doesn't show anything with such a command (--pid doesn't
care about binding, it just changes things like cgroups).

You can either list all bound pids with --ps, but that wouldn't be
easy to read if many processes are already bound.
Or you can use "--restrict binding" to only show which part of the
machine is included in the binding.
Also, adding "--no-io" may make things more readable.

By the way, please replace "blabla" with either an example or
<location> to match the rest of the manpage.

Brice