Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] lstopo-gui
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-25 06:34:10

On May 25, 2012, at 1:44 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:

> Using apt-file, here's what I found on my Debian (after filtering some
> stuff that looked irrelevant):
> -nox 2
> .nox 1
> -nowin 1
> _nogui 2
> _text 3
> _textclient 1
> -gui-text 1 => confirms that -gui isn't what we want :)
> -text 7
> -txt 2
> -curses 8
> -basic 0
> -simple 5

>From my checkout, it looks like lstopo-no-graphics supports:

    console, txt, fig, xml, synthetic

How did fig get in there, btw? Doesn't that add dependencies? (or did that get coded up manually / with no library support?)

Hmm. I typed "lstopo-no-graphics" above, just to be descriptive, but is that a horrible name? If the main goal is for binary packagers who assumedly have /etc/alternative-type solutions such that users will rarely/never type that full name, how about just being descriptive with a lengthy suffix like that?