Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] xml invalid characters
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-09 07:44:16

Le 01/05/2012 20:39, Jeff Squyres a écrit :
> On May 1, 2012, at 11:24 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:
>
>>> Should we filter characters that we know the input parser won't accept?
>> Are you using libxml2 or the basic XML support ?
> In both cases (input and output), libxml2.

FWIW, I just met a possibly similar problem on a i386 machine running
solaris10:

#utils/lstopo -.xml > prout.xml
error : xmlEncodeEntitiesReentrant : input not UTF-8
CPUType was getting value "\302\250"

There's likely a problem in Terry's code that gathers CPUType, but we
should do something about it.

Brice