Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] 2 minor glitches in trunk
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-01 14:24:37

Le 01/05/2012 19:52, Jeff Squyres a écrit :
> 1. On an admittedly pre-production Cisco sandy bridge server, I ran "lstopo foo.xml", which ended up putting a ctrl-A in the value of the following line:
>
> <info name="DMIProductVersion" value=""/>
>
> I.e., the value was quote ^A quote. This caused barfage when trying to use that xml file as input to lstopo (it called it an illegal character).
>
> Should we filter characters that we know the input parser won't accept?

Are you using libxml2 or the basic XML support ?

I remember thinking about filtering in the past, but I don't remember
what the exact problem and solution was.

Ideally, we should filter info when they are added to the topology by
the backends, so that we never have to filter on export. But filtering
on export may be easier for now.

Brice