Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] lstopo-nox strikes back
From: Jiri Hladky (hladky.jiri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-25 09:42:36

Hello,

I would strongly vote to split the hwloc package to the core (ASCII
only, including ASCII only version of lstopo ) package and GUI package
which will bring GUI version of lstopo.

This is also the way how this is handled in Ubuntu - please check the
packages
vim - Vi IMproved - enhanced vi editor
vim-gnome

vim-gnome depends on vim-common

I also believe that having two binaries of lstopo - similar to "vim" and
"gvim" will make the usage clear.

I would vote to make lstopo ASCII only and introduce new GUI binary
"lstopo-gui" in the version 1.5

Cheers
Jirka